Everyone needs a good laugh every now and again. While your target audience will most likely turn to viral YouTube videos for a comedy break, it doesn’t mean that your Instagram posts can’t also offer some comedic relief. Sure, Instagram is mostly about photos, but a witty caption can help your posts to stand out and boost engagement. Whether you’re an influencer or a brand, we’ve scoured the web for you and short-listed these 160+ funny captions that you can make your own.
160+ Funny Instagram Captions for a Quick Laugh:
Funny Instagram Captions Ideas to Try Out
For selfie shots
It doesn’t matter what your niche is, you’ll most likely post a selfie sooner than later. Here is our list of captions that you can use for your next selfie moment. Our favorites: #6, #13, and #16.
1. Just dropped my new single! It's me. I'm single.
2. They call it a “selfie” because “narcissistic” is too hard to spell.
3. Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
4. Be as picky with your men as you are with your selfies.
5. Me? Crazy? I should get down off this unicorn and slap you.
6. I'm not weird. I'm limited edition.
7. Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But that gets boring really fast. So, I go back to being normal!
8. I tried to be normal once. Worst two minutes of my life!
9. What do you call a bee that can’t make up its mind? A may-bee… I’m a maybe.
10. You couldn’t handle me. Even if I came with instructions!
11. I have no selfie control.
12. I don’t care what people think of me. Mosquitoes find me attractive!
13. Maybe she’s born with it, maybe it’s the filter.
14. What's a queen without her king? Historically speaking, more powerful.
15. Who needs self-awareness when I can make you aware of me instead?
16. You don’t have to like me; I’m not a Facebook status.
17. Know your worth but don’t forget to add tax.
18. My hairstyle is called “I tried”.
19. Old enough that I need a filter on this photo.
20. I know I'm a handful, but that's why you have two hands.
21. I am a ninja. No, you are not. Did you see me do that? Do what? Exactly.
22. "Haters are just confused admirers because they can’t figure out the reason why everyone loves you." — Jeffree Star, American YouTuber
23. I don’t think inside the box. I don’t think outside the box either. I don’t even know where the box is.
24. Brains are awesome. I wish everybody would have one!
25. "People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day." — A. A. Milne, English author
For those posts that are more than just a selfie moment but also a chance to draw attention to what you’re wearing, you can use these funny caption ideas for inspiration. Our favorites: #1, #9, and #13.
26. I don't even believe myself when I say I’ll be ready in five minutes.
27. I used to think I was indecisive, but now I am not so sure.
28. Mirror: You look amazing today. Camera: No, you don’t.
29. Be savage, not average.
30. Confidence level: Kanye West.
31. I got 99 problems, but a bad angle ain't one.
32. Oh, you’re a model? What’s your agency, Instagram?
33. Some supermodels are gonna feel really worried about their jobs when they see this.
34. More issues than Vogue.
35. They say nobody’s perfect. Guess what? I’m nobody.
36. Be a pineapple: Stand tall, wear a crown, and be sweet on the inside.
37. I won’t cry for you. My mascara’s too expensive.
38. I feel I am the undiscovered supermodel.
39. I can’t clean my room because I get distracted by the cool items I find!
40. I am standing outside. Therefore, if anyone asks, I am outstanding!
41. Only dead fish go with the flow.
To help you finish your caption, here are some ideas that you can dish up for your next food-related post. Our favorites: #1, #3, and #20.
42. I want to be like a caterpillar. Eat a lot. Sleep for a while. Wake up beautiful.
43. I like hashtags because they look like waffles.
44. I followed a diet, but it didn’t follow me back. So, I unfollowed it.
45. "I’m in shape. Round is a shape." — George Carlin, American comedian
46. The fridge is a clear example that what matters is on the inside.
47. I’m not fat. I’m just easier to see.
48. The more you weigh, the harder you are to kidnap. Stay safe, eat cake!
49. When life gives me lemons, I make lemonade then sell it.
50. It's not McDonald’s, but I’m loving it.
51. If you can't remember my name, just say, “chocolate” and I'll turn around.
52. If weren’t meant to have midnight snacks, why is there a light in the fridge?
53. I eat cake because it's somebody's birthday somewhere.
54. Bikini season is right around the corner. Unfortunately, so is the pizza place.
55. Best friends: Ready to die for each other, but will fight to the death over the last slice of pizza.
56. We finish each other's sandwiches.
57. I think my soulmate might be carbs.
58. My favorite exercise is a cross between a lunge and a crunch. I call it lunch.
59. All I need is you. (And maybe wine + chocolate, too.)
60. They say: Do what you love and the money will come to you. Just ordered pizza, now I am waiting…
61. Relationships are just two people constantly asking one another what they want to eat until one of them dies.
62. I’m just a girl, standing in front of a salad, asking it to be a cupcake.
63. I’m on a seafood diet. When I see food, I eat it.
64. "I drink to make other people more interesting." — Ernest Hemingway, American novelist
65. Having my cake and eating it, too.
66. Wine is always the answer. What was the question again?
67. I spend a lot of time holding the refrigerator door open, looking for answers. Also food.
68. If you’re not supposed to eat at night, why is there a light bulb in the refrigerator?
69. Wine + dinner = winner
70. Bring the alcohol! Because no great story started with someone eating a salad.
71. Coffee and friends make the perfect blend.
72. Friends buy you lunch. Best friends eat your lunch.
To health, wellness, and fitness fails
With one of these witty captions, you don’t need to be one of the top fitness influencers to post about your exercise routine. People appreciate vulnerability. So, don’t sweat the small stuff and share some of your failed attempts. Our favorites: #1, #4, and #7.
73. That awkward moment when you're wearing Nikes and you can't do it.
74. There is maybe no excuse for laziness, but I’m still looking.
75. Do I run? Yes… Out of time, patience and money.
76. Sure, I do marathons. On Netflix.
77. I'm not lazy. I'm just on energy saver mode.
78. Yes, of course, I am athletic… I surf the Internet every day.
79. Some days I amaze myself. Today is not one of those days.
80. This too shall pass. It might pass like a kidney stone, but it will pass.
81. I can’t believe I forgot to go to the gym today. That’s 7 years in a row now.
82. "I am only human, although I regret it." — Mark Twain, American writer
Celebrating life and love
Even if you’re the image behind your brand, your followers will want to know about what goes on behind the scenes. In short, authentic posts are one of the best ways to drive engagement. Here are some funny caption ideas for when you want to post about what you’ve been up to with your loved ones. Our favorites: #3, #9, and #21.
83. Friends don't let friends do stupid things... alone.
84. You're the “she” to my “-nanigans”.
85. We’ll be friends forever because you already know too much.
86. A best friend is like your favorite bra: supportive, comfortable, hard to find, and close to your heart.
87. Friends come and go like the waves of the ocean, but the true ones stay, like an octopus on your face!
88. This all started with Netflix and chill.
89. A relationship is when one person is always right and the other person is the boyfriend.
90. I don’t want to go to heaven. None of my friends will go there.
91. I knew it was meant to be when I loved you even when I was hungry.
92. Everyone has that one annoying friend. If you don’t have one, it’s probably you.
93. True friends don’t judge each other. They judge other people together.
94. To all my friends that I promised I’d never post a cheesy couples pic: Keep scrolling.
95. A true friend cares like a mom, scolds like a dad, teases like a sister, irritates like a brother, and loves more than a lover.
96. Behind every successful woman is a best friend giving her crazy ideas.
97. Real friends don't care if your room is clean. They’re the ones messing it up.
98. Non-biological sibs.
99. Putting the “we” in weird.
100. I knew I had to make you mine when you laughed at my jokes.
101. I love you with all my butt. I would say heart, but my butt is bigger.
102. Thank you, Tinder. We didn’t meet on there, but it definitely taught me who not to date.
103. We go together like hot sauce and everything.
104. I was an innocent being. Then my best friend came along.
105. I’m always in a better place with you. Thanks for cleaning up.
106. I guess now is a bad time to say I’m not looking for anything serious?
107. Let’s commit the perfect crime. I’ll steal your heart and you’ll steal mine.
108. This is the exact kind of couple post that single me would have rolled my eyes at.
109. I love you like Kanye loves Kanye.
110. A good friend is like a box of chocolate… Sweet, nutty, and a good remedy for a bad day!
111. I’m not getting older. I’m just becoming a classic.
112. Nothing is lost until your mother can’t find it.
113. They say don’t try this at home… So, I went to my friend’s home!
114. Best friends don’t care if your house is clean. They care if you have wine.
Good morning sunshine
Need to post something first thing in the morning? We’ve got you covered with these captions while you wait for your brain to catch up.
115. Why fall in love when you can fall asleep?
116. Reality called, so I hung up.
117. Don’t give up on your dreams. Keep sleeping.
118. Seas the day!
119. After Tuesdays, even the calendar goes WTF.
120. If good things come to those who wait, I’m gonna be an hour late to our date.
121. Dear sleep: Thanks for trying, but you can’t beat surfing the net.
122. I don’t want to sleep like a baby. I want to sleep like my husband does when the baby’s not sleeping.
123. It’s too a.m. for me.
124. The best part about waking up is going to sleep eighteen hours later.
125. "I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives."
Birthdays, weekends and holidays
Think of these Instagram captions as a Hallmark greeting card to celebrate those special moments in life. Our favorites: #13, #24, and #29.
126. I haven’t taken my Christmas lights down. They look so nice on the pumpkin.
127. Permanently on the naughty list and loving every minute of it.
128. Sleigh my name, sleigh my name.
129. Dear Santa… I can explain.
130. I’m in desperate need of a 6-month vacation twice a year!
131. Going to bed early. Not going to a party. Not leaving my house. My childhood punishments have become my adult goals.
132. If there would be an award for being lazy, I would send someone to pick it up for me.
133. My favorite subject in school was recess.
134. First rule of Sundays: If you can’t reach it from your couch, you don’t need it.
135. My goal this weekend is to move just enough so people don’t think I’m dead.
136. On a veggie diet this Thanksgiving: Carrot cake and pumpkin pie.
137. Bad day to be a turkey.
138. Friday, my second favorite F word.
139. Dear Santa, I’ve been good all year. Most of the time. Once in a while. Nevermind, I’ll buy my own stuff.
140. ‘Tis the season! Let the overeating begin!
141. I’m only a morning person on December 25th.
142. Dear Santa, is it too late now to say sorry?
143. I’m dreaming of a white Christmas, but if the white runs out, I’ll drink the red.
144. What do you get when you cross a snowman and a vampire? Frostbite!
145. I hope Rudolph eats the naughty list.
146. It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
147. The only time of year in which one can sit in front of a dead tree and eat candy out of socks.
148. Single bells, single bells, single all the way.
149. Dear Santa, define “nice”.
150. I need some beach therapy.
151. Don’t worry BEACH happy.
152. Still got it.
153. Don’t worry about getting older. You still get to do stupid things, only slower.
154. Birthdays are good for me. The more I have, the longer I live.
155. The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana.
156. I wish my wallet came with free refills.
157. Keep your friends close, your enemies closer, and receipts for all major purchases.
158. "Whoever said money can’t buy happiness didn’t know where to shop." — Gertrude Stein
159. When business is not that serious
160. We don't care what people think of us. Unless they're our customers. We definitely care what customers think of us.
161. All you need is love... And investors. All you need is love and investors.
162. Follow your heart, but take your brain with you.
More generic captions for just about any post
If the captions shared above are too specific, you can always use one these more generic, yet funny, Instagram captions.
163. ETC. End of Thinking Capacity.
164. When nothing goes right, go left.
165. Don't worry if plan A fails. There are 25 more letters in the alphabet.
166. I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes their ideas are just absolutely awesome!
167. Yes, I do bad things, but I do them well.